At the end of the workshop each participant will have evaluated their own website SEO and will have the skills, tools and knowledge to be able to implement their website SEO themselves or in conjunction with their web team.
- SEO vs. Google Ads: understanding how SEO differs to Google advertising and they can complement each other.
- How search engines work – understanding of how Google ranks pages, the key factors taken into account.
- The different types of search engine listings e.g. Local listing, Features listing, FAQ section etc. and how to optimise each for high ranking and engagement.
- How to optimise web pages and content for search engines.
- The importance of good structure and hierarchy
- Researching keywords – key tools and techniques used to identify target keywords.
- Understating topic related content vs. exact match keywords.
- Optimising page content – writing impactful and optimised content and where to place the keywords for optimal impact.
- Meta data – what it is and why it is important
- Internal links – Optimising internal links for usability and SEO
- Image tagging – what an alt tag is and why it is important for SEO
- Page speed – testing page speed and how to improve website speed performance
- Schema mark-up: what it is and why it is important
- External links – why links are paramount to the success of a SEO project. Developing a link building strategy.
- Content marketing – creating a content marketing plan and understanding how it impacts SEO
- Tracking and monitoring – an introduction to a range of tools that will aid with the monitoring and management of their SEO including Google Search Console & Google Analytics, MOZ, Ubersuggest and Screaming Frog.
By the end of the session you will be able to audit your website SEO and leave with an action plan. You will have the skills, tools and knowledge to be able to optimise your site for search engines like Google and understand how usability impacts your website SEO.
You will also be able to communicate effectively with your web / SEO team/agency.
About the tutor
Sandra Hennessy is the face and name behind Be Dynamic. Having started out working in the web world in early 2002 and since then has taken the plunge and set up her own business from her base in Tipperary. Sandra is well known in the online marketing world as one of the leading service providers of digital marketing training, consultancy, and services in Ireland.
Sandra has many years’ experience in online marketing and is proud to provide online marketing supports, training and lecturing with a range of clients including: Lecturing for Digital Marketing Institute and digital marketing workshops for LEOs, Skillnet, Fáilte Ireland and many private clients. Sandra also mentors in Enterprise Ireland and many Local Enterprise Offices.